50-year-old man refused bail following robbery at Llandudno newsagents

Reporter:

Staff reporter (NW Pioneer)

A 50-YEAR-OLD man has been refused bail after appearing in court accused of robbing a Llandudno newsagents' of cash and tobacco.

Andrew Duncan, of Kings Avenue, Llandudno, unemployed, is charged with robbery at the Clifton House newsagents' in Upper Mostyn Street on March 1.

Prosecutor Angharad Mullarkey said a woman of 24 had been working alone at the time.

Defence solicitor Bethan Williams said Duncan denied the offence.

She told magistrates at Caernarfon: "He disputes he was in the shop on the day in question."

The lawyer applied for bail.

However, Duncan was remanded in custody until a hearing next month at Caernarfon crown court.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Read