Fire crews have been called to a house fire caused by an overheated tumble dryer.

North Wales Fire and Rescue sent two crews from Colwyn Bay to St David's Road in Old Colwyn to control the electrical fire, which spread to a nearby washing machine and badly damaged a utility room.

A spokesperson for fire said: "We were called at 6.45pm to an electrical fire involving a tumble dryer. The fire was caused by direct radiated heat from the machine.

"There was 100 percent damage to the clothing inside the dryer, and the fire spread to a washing machine in the utility room which experience 60 percent smoke damage.

"We called a stop to the fire at 7.32pm."