THREE fire engines were called to a fire in a St Paul’s church hall in Craig-y-Don Llandudno.

Two of the appliances came from Llandudno and one from Colwyn Bay.

Rev Noel Carter, vicar of St Paul’s Church, said: “The church hall has smoke and water damage following a small electrical fire, causing damage to the men’s toilets, this morning. St Paul’s Church itself is untouched by the fire and normal community activities and services will resume soon. We’re very grateful to members of the local community who spotted smoke coming from the hall and contacted the fire service immediately.”

"The fire brigade was called at 7.40am this morning by a passer-by who spotted smoke coming out of the window. No one was hurt and work is underway to assess the extent of damage.