A DYSERTH teen has been jailed after breaking into a Colwyn Bay flat wearing a balaclava and armed with a knife.

Kane Law, of Foel Park, and Ryan Hardy, of Victoria Road, Colwyn Bay, admitted aggravated burglary in Abergele Road, Colwyn Bay, on the morning of August 17.

The teens, both aged 19-year-old had kicked their way into the property to teach the occupant a lesson and were both been locked up for 44 months on Thursday, December 5.

But Law received an additional 18 months’ detention after he pleaded guilty to assaults in March and July, too.

Caernarfon crown court heard the burglary victim had been accused by Law on August 16 of messaging his girlfriend. During the burglary he’d been punched by Hardy causing a bloody nose and Law demanded his watch.

Prosecuting counsel Jo Maxwell said the intruders left the flat in a mess and threatened to shoot Robert Hill if he called the police. But the defendants had both partly removed their balaclavas and Mr Hill realised one was Hardy.

Judge Huw Rees said Mr Hill would have been petrified. A trail of blood from an injury to Law led police to the cowardly and “somewhat immature” knifemen in nearby Rhiwbank Avenue.

The court heard early on March 17, Law had been involved in an affray when a man was kicked on the ground in Ivy Street car park at Colwyn Bay. The teenager had punched a woman to the ground when she intervened, leaving her covered in blood and with a broken nose. He’d also hit a pub bouncer.

In July, PC Brad Sunderland and PC Llinos Hughes were called to a street fight near the same car park but were met by a hostile group.

The prosecution said six youngsters stood in the way of the police vehicle and the officers were surrounded when they got out.

Abusive Law had been placed in the police van cage but then appeared a lot calmer and he asked to speak to the policeman.

However, Miss Maxwell said the teen became aggressive again and pushed his way out of the cage and lunged at the officers. Captor spray was used by police against Law but he punched and knocked out PC Sunderland.

The officer had concussion.

Law had slapped the policewoman and injured her right hand. Last month she was still unable to work or drive because of the damage.

Matthew Curtis, defending Law, said his first period remanded in custody had been “a salutary experience.” He had been drinking to excess.

Simon Killeen, barrister for Hardy, said a letter from his mother gave a picture of his immaturity.