A FIRE at a Chinese Restaurant in Llanrwst is believed to have been caused by cooking left unattended.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service say they received a call at 11.38am on January 2 to attend an incident at the Jade Two building on Station Road.

Three crews, as well an aerial platform ladder, were at the scene and locals were asked to avoid the area to allow firefighters to deal with the incident.

A spokesperson said: "The cause has been put down to cooking being left unattended.

"The extractor fan unit sustained 100% fire damage and there was further damage done to the kitchen and the roof base."

The blaze was said to be under control by 2.54pm but had also been affecting traffic on the A470, with the road close for more than an hour in both directions.