A 53 YEAR old regular customer died at a Llandudno Chinese takeaway after choking on a chicken dinner, an inquest heard today.

Stephen Kotkowicz, of Caroline Road, Llandudno, who’d been sitting at a table last September 13, had pointed at his throat before falling from his chair, a worker said.

Several people tried to help him before a paramedic arrived. But he died after his airway was obstructed by food at the town’s King’s takeaway.

Coroner John Gittins at Llandudno recorded a conclusion of accidental death. Mr Gittins said: "He ate slowly, normally, sadly things have gone down the wrong way and he has choked."