An Old Colwyn house blaze was caused by an overloaded tumble dryer, fire chiefs have said.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service received a call shortly after 11.20am on Saturday reporting the incident, at a property in Uwchydon Avenue.

Firefighters used two sets of breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the flames.

A spokesman said the cause was confirmed to have been an overloaded tumble dryer cauaing excessive heat in a utility room, which also affected a washing machine and "combustibles" on a work surface.

100 per cent fire damage was caused to the dryer, as well as 40 per cent heat damage to the room.

Nobody was injured as the property was evacuated, the spokesman said.