A MAN was given oxygen after a chip pan fire near Abergele.

North Wales Fire and Rescue service were called at 10.10pm on Tuesday, June 9 to a property on Marine Road, Pensarn.

The blaze was caused by a chip pan that had been left unattended.

Both the kitchen and hallway sustained damaged.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: "Two appliances and the aerial ladder platform attended.

"The cause was a chip pan left unattended which resulted in fire and smoke damage to the kitchen and smoke damage to the hallway.

"One man was given oxygen at the incident but did not attend hospital."

"The incident was brought under control by 10.58pm."