A 20-YEAR-old woman and an 18-month year old baby suffered smoke inhalation following a fire sparked by a toaster.

The incident happened at a flat at Llys Trefor in Colwyn Bay on Sunday, September 27 in the evening.

A spokesperson for North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said: “The female and baby received a precautionary check due to the effects of smoke inhalation. The fire was in the flat’s kitchen and involved a toaster.

“Two appliances from Colwyn Bay were called to the fire on Sunday evening.

"There was minor damage to the toaster and light smoke damage to the kitchen unit.”