A MAN in his late 60s was taken to hospital following a fire in Rhos-on-Sea.

The incident happened at 5.30am on January, Thursday 14.

Two appliances from North Wales Fire and Rescue attended the blaze on Llandudno Road.

A spokesperson from the fire service said: "The fire, which was out on arrival, was caused by charging unit igniting.

"A man in late 60s was given a precautionary check by paramedics for smoke inhalation which then led to transfer to hospital.

"Crews vented property and advised the occupier."

For information on electrical safety, click here.