A FAMILY was alerted to a clothes dryer fire at their home by their smoke alarm.

This was in Rhos-on-Sea on Wednesday, September 15.

A crew from Colwyn Bay attended the fire, which had been put out upon their arrival.

A post on North Wales Fire and Rescue Service’s Facebook page read: “Smoke alarms managed to warn a family of dryer fire at their home in Rhos on Sea last night - check out safety advice on using clothes dryers here: www.northwalesfire.gov.wales/keeping-you-safe/at-home/looking-after-the-electrics/white-goods-safety.”