A DOG died and two people received medical treatment after a kitchen fire.

The incident happened on Sunday (September 26) at Bryn Tirion Park in Conwy. The blaze was sparked by an unattended chip pan.

A spokesperson for North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said: "We were called at 5.54pm. We sent crews from Llandudno and Colwyn Bay.

"There was two-square metres of fire damage in the kitchen and smoke damage to the dining room and there were two causalities. Oxygen therapy administered by fire and rescue service to one male and one female suffering from shock.

"A dog sadly died following the incident."

The fire was out on arrival.

The fire service is sharing advice when it comes to cooking safely.

Visit www.northwalesfire.gov.wales/keeping-you-safe/at-home/cooking