COLWYN Bay manager Alan Morgan worked his magic to ensure his side came away with a 2-1 win against Kendal Town.

The Seagulls were one down at the break after a lacklustre first half, but a pair of substitutions plus some stern words from the boss were the catalyst behind the stunning fightback.

This enabled the promotion chasers to inch closer to the playoff places, and they have plenty of games in hand on their rivals ahead of their trip to Mossley on Saturday (3pm).

Morgan, said: “It was a game of two halves that’s for sure. The first half was the worst since I’ve been here.

“Kendal outworked us, outfought us, were quicker and stronger than us, and I told the lads at half-time they can’t just turn up and expect to win games.

“You have to work hard, you’ve got win your battles and win the second balls – if we do that then we’ve got good players in the team who can make things happen for us.

“We made the changes and the second half was much better. We got on the front foot, won the second balls, and turned it around.

“I thought Tom (McCready) was quality second half and Elliot (Rokka) did much better down the middle, but we have to take that second half performance into training now ahead of the trip to Mossley next Saturday which will be a very hard game.”

The away side were on top throughout the opening exchanges and they were rewarded when Morecombe loanee Steve Yewson put them ahead with a fine finish from just inside the area.

They were unfortunate to go into the break with only a solitary goal to show for their efforts, but the hosts regrouped at the interval and came out with a renewed sense of purpose.

Bay managed to level proceedings on 71 minutes when Danny Andrews prodded home from close range after Rokka’s shot had rebounded off the post.

Things got even better for the home side soon after when Astley Mullholland was felled in the box on 80 minutes, and the striker dusted himself off to convert the spot kick and give Morgan’s men another crucial three points.