LLANDUDNO picked up another valuable point in their fight for JD Welsh Premier League survival as they came from behind to secure a 1-1 draw with Caernarfon Town.

The basement dwellers produced a fantastic second half display to emerge with a share of the spoils against the in-form Canaries, with Iwan Williams’ men now facing two critical fixtures heading into the split which begin with a trip to second from bottom Llanelli Town on Saturday (2.30pm).

Williams, said: “I’d have taken a draw before the game. We are down to the bare bones and had 11 senior players available and they’ve gone and done that for me.

“You could see from their body language in the second half that they were all tired and exhausted but they kept going and I feel a great sense of pride and thankfulness that we have stopped the rot first and foremost, and hopefully this is a positive sign ahead of the Llanelli game.

“The shackles are off now, we are creating chances and have the bit between our teeth. So if we can add the right personnel in January I believe we can turn it around.

“We have let players go that weren’t up for the fight and I firmly believe that whoever puts on the Llandudno shirt in the next couple of weeks is up for it and will want to do well.

“There is a sense of belief now and I think we are going to get out of it.”

The home side went close to opening the scoring on seven minutes when a Mark Connolly free-kick struck the post, with Toby Jones and Danny Hughes also wasting chances in the opening quarter of the contest.

Cofis’ forward Danny Brookwell was forced off through injury on 28 minutes and replaced with former Tudno star Gareth Evans, but chances were t a premium for both sides in the first period to leave the scores level at the break.

After the interval saw the hosts hit the woodwork again through Leo Smith on 65 minutes, and they were made to pay soon after when Sion Bradley continued his excellent recent form with a well taken effort with 69 gone.

This joy proved to be short-lived as the home side were awarded a penalty after 71 minutes, and the returning Connolly held his nerve to put away the spot kick and level matters.

Darren Thomas forced a smart save from Tudno stopper Connor Roberts in the closing stages, with George Harry and Smith coming agonisingly close to sealing a vital three points for the hosts in the final exchanges.