COLWYN Bay manager Craig Hogg was left counting the cost of “90 mad seconds” as his side fell to a 3-1 loss at Prestatyn Town.

The Seagulls’ emerged empty handed from their trip to the JD Cymru North title favourites, with the club facing a busy week of action at home to Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochant and at Ruthin Town on Tuesday and Saturday.

Hogg, said: “It was a free swing and we went there with a plan, but that quickly changed after conceding two goals in the space of 90 seconds.

“That disappointed us most, because during that period when we conceded, we looked really comfortable.

“But game came back to life for us with the penalty before half time and half way through the second half we went for it, ending up with all our attacking threats on the pitch.

“We did look open to the counter attack and our keeper was called into action making 3 great saves, with defenders making great blocks, but that was an acceptable trade off, as we were obviously cashing the game.

“A lesson has been learnt against good side and we must quickly move on to Tuesday night where we play a team massively in form.”

Rob Hughes and Kai Edwards missed good opportunities to break the deadlock for the hosts early on, but they did manage to seize the initiative on 14 minutes when a long ball sent Jack Kenny through on goal, and the former Cefn Druids forward slotted past Andy Coughlin to break the deadlock.

Things got even better for Town immediately following the restart when captain Alex Jones fired low past Coughlin on 15 minutes to double their lead.

The Seagulls’ were presented with a golden chance to get back into the game on the half hour mark when they were awarded a penalty after Julian Williams was felled in the box, and skipper Tom McCready silenced the home faithful by successfully converting the spot kick.

After the break saw Kenny and Williams trade chances at both ends during the opening exchanges, with James Stead rattling the post for Town with 66 on the clock.

The Bay stopper had to be at his best to deny Jordan Davies on 69 minutes, and Toby Jones was denied a leveller with 79 on the clock when his goal-bound effort was diverted by a defender.

This miss proved to be telling as the home side restored their two-goal cushion on 82 minutes when Jones despatched his second of the game to complete the scoring.