COLWYN Bay manager Craig Hogg was left biting his tongue after his side fell to a 2-0 loss at Penrhyncoch.

The Seagulls’ boss outlined his frustration with the officiating throughout their contest against the Roosters, which culminated in Damian Ketley receiving a second bookable offence after being fouled and suffering an injury.

Their third defeat of the campaign leaves them sitting in tenth ahead of a crucial week that sees them travel to Bangor City on Tuesday night, before welcoming in-form Guilsfield on Saturday.

Hogg, said: “It was a really bad day at the office but I’m proud of the lads. They responded very well after going down to ten men and left everything on the pitch to try and get back into the game.

“Even with ten we played some great stuff and looked a real threat going forward, putting our hosts under a heck of a lot of pressure in the second half. We honestly felt the equaliser was coming.

“It was a kick in the teeth when they scored their second goal on a break-away towards the end, because we had committed players forward at the time.

“The sending off was a little bizarre, because it’s for an alleged comment my player made whilst he’s rolling around on the floor with a bad injury to his ankle.

“That decision has played its part in the outcome of the result and I’m deeply concerned by that.

“The hypocrisy of it all is that any negative comment I make about the match official publicly, will end up with me in hot water with the FAW.

“So for now I’ll be keeping my views private on that and hope it was just a genuine mistake made by the official.”

The visitors were missing four key players for the clash, including influential skipper Tom McCready, and they fell behind on 23 minutes when Ifan Burrel’s free kick evaded everyone and ended up in the net.

Toby Jones went close for the away side soon after, but their task was made even more difficult when Ketley was dismissed for dissent whilst on the ground after being fouled.

After the break saw the Bay work hard to get themselves back into the contest but they were undone on 80 minutes when a quick break saw Steff Griffiths convert a chance to seal the points.