A SENSATIONAL late fightback saw Colwyn Bay secure a 3-2 victory at Bangor City.

The Seagulls’ netted twice in the dying stages to pick up their sixth consecutive triumph in all competitions, which is also their seventh win in eight and they have tasted defeat just twice in 14 games.

They now enjoy a well-earned weekend off before attention turns to a tricky looking JD Welsh Cup second round encounter at third-tier side Nantlle Vale on November 9.

Manager Craig Hogg, who was back in the dugout following a suspension, said: “We’re made up and we are pleased to finally get match day one played and now out of the way.

“It was another really tough test for the lads against a full time side who play football.

“We’ve done very well the last two games and have really dipped into your energy reserves and understandably the game felt a little chaotic at times, especially half way through the second period.

“But we’ve come back from 2-1 down to win the game 3-2 and we can’t help but be pleased as a dressing room.

“We’ve played the best part of seven games this month, with the initial Bangor fixture being called off after 74 minutes and the players deserve all praise that comes there way.

“There’s no fixture this weekend and that’s a blessing in disguise. The lads will rest and recover for a few days whilst the management team plan for our next fixture in the Welsh Cup on November 9.”

Both sides missed chances to break the deadlock during the opening exchanges, but it was the Bay that drew first blood on 22 minutes when a neat passage of play presented a chance to Julian Williams, who made no mistake with the finish.

This was met by a relatively swift response from the home side, who went into the break all square when Yalany Baio reacted first to prod in a rebound from close range after Aldiar Neto’s effort was initially parried by Andy Coughlin.

After the break saw Pedro Pasculli’s side grab the initiative early on and went in front for the first time on 47 minutes when Simone Rea’s towering header left Coughlin with no chance.

The visitors continued to probe but were finding it tough to break down the resolute City rear-guard, with Joe Chaplin coming closest to a leveller on 76 minutes when his attempt rattled the cross bar.

There was still time for further drama that began on 86 minutes when skipper Tom McCready produced another moment of magic with a stunning free-kick that went in off the post, and Hogg’s men snatched all three points at the death when Chaplin reacted first to secure the decisive goal in stoppage time.