LLANDUDNO were unable to make the most of home field advantage as they were beaten 2-1 by Llangefni Town.

The JD Cymru North side had nothing to show for their efforts despite controlling long parts of the game against a side battling relegation, leaving Matthew Jones’ men in tenth spot ahead of a fortnight without a fixture.

They return to action on March 14 with a daunting trip to runaway league leaders Prestatyn Town, who all-but clinched the championship thanks to a 1-0 home win over Flint Town United on Saturday.

The home side began the game brightly and went close on five minutes when a long-range effort from Aron Hughes sailed inches over the bar.

Cefni managed to make the most of a set piece in blustery conditions on ten minutes to break the deadlock, with Iwan Jones getting the final touch to give his side a priceless advantage.

This was met by a strong reaction from the hosts, who had good claims for a penalty waved away but were finding it tough to penetrate the fierce Town resistance in the final third.

A promising opportunity was spurned on 36 minutes when a neat spell of possession almost saw Cory Williams turn in a chance at the near post.

He was denied by visiting custodian Stephen Sinclair which proved to be crucial late in the first period as the away side doubled their lead when Steven Jones pounced on 38 minutes to give them a two-goal cushion at the break.

Leigh Craven and Scott McHarrie came close to reducing the arrears in the final moments of the first half, and skipper Danny Hughes came within a whisker following the interval when his header skimmed the crossbar.

A Bryan Roberts free kick on the hour mark brought the best out of Sinclair, and Tudno stopper Shaun Pearson had to be alert at the other end to deny Mel McGuinness with 74 on the clock.

Things took a dramatic turn on 88 minutes when the home side finally put the ball in the net through a sensational strike from Jacob Farleigh, but they were unable to salvage a point in the dying stages.