LLANDUDNO manager Sean Eardley was largely pleased with what he saw from his side in their 3-2 friendly loss to Llandudno Albion.

The JD Cymru North took the pitch for the first time since the Football Association of Wales stopped all competitive matches due to the coronavirus pandemic earlier this year, which was another step in the right direction for Tudno, but there are still no signs as to when the second-tier and below can begin their respective campaigns.

This is a significant feather in the cap for Albion, who are looking to make a promotion challenge in the new Ardal Northern Leagues this year.

Eardley, said: “It was a disappointing result but there were large patches of the game I was really pleased with.

“Full credit to Llandudno Albion, who defended for their lives at the end. They’ve got some very good players and we knew it would be a tough game.

“We chopped and changed it in the second half as our aim was to get at least 60 minutes into every member of the squad. We packed the midfield and found little pockets of space to work in, but you have to credit the way they defended.

“It was just nice to get some minutes into the legs, but were are in the two-week lockdown now so won’t be able to train. This gives me and the coaching staff plenty of time to dissect the game and hopefully, our friendlies against Llanrwst (United) and Llangefni (Town) can go ahead, but we are waiting for announcements from the Welsh Government.

“There are some things we need to work on. I thought we left ourselves a little too open when chasing the game at the end. But it’s all food for thought and given us plenty to think about.”

Albion got off to a tremendous start courtesy of a fine finish from Adam Hold on 11 minutes, before Lee Thomas levelled things up on the quarter-hour mark.

A superb finish from Ben Jarvis for Darren Jones’ men back in front after the break with 51 on the clock, and Joe Carey doubled their advantage midway through the half.

Youngster Josh Allen halved the deficit on 77 minutes, but Eardley’s men were unable to find a way past the resolute Albion rearguard in the closing stages.