IN front of almost 1,000 spectators at Parc Eirias, RGC's promising Premiership form with a 29-14 success over Swansea.

This triumph saw the North Walians climb to second in the standings and they're just a point off leaders Newport.

The game’s opening score came after some good hands from wingers Sam Earl Jones and Zach Clow, who combined to set up Rhodri King and he finished in the corner.

Dion Jones added the conversion points.

Things then got better for RGC with try number two came after Swansea overplayed a pass in home side's half.

Harri Evans got a boot to a loose ball before Matt Buchanan won the foot race to outsprint the Swansea players and he was able to touch down.

RGC were putting in some good work around the breakdown as the All Whites looked to get some points on the scoreboard.

Momentum shifted in the 25th minute after Jordan Scott was yellow carded and minutes later, the visitors went in for their first try.

Full back Cai Evans successfully added the extras to cut the gap between the sides.

Swansea then broke from deep and the field opened up before Harri Evans stopped the runner in full charge with a solid tackle that was felt in the stands.

It was turning out to be the best spell of the game for Swansea and scrum-half Connor Tantum found himself on the wing before diving in at the corner.

Cai Evans hit over the conversion to give his side the lead.

Winger Hopkins was next to go close, but he was held up on the line when the Gogs got some bodies between him and the ground.

Crucially, this meant RGC headed into the break only two points behind after a lacklustre opening 40 minutes.

RGC then opened the second half on the front foot, with the boot of Dion Jones making sure the game was being played in the Swansea half.

The All Whites were forced to try and gain some territory with ball in hand, but RGC were stifling them and the ball.

The Gogs went ahead with a Dion Jones penalty and from that point on, the North Walians kept that lead for the rest of the game.

RGC began to dominate in attack and it wasn’t long before they picked up another score.

Rhodri King controlled the ball and the pack to go over for his second try of the match.

Jones was on the mark to hit over the extras.

The pack had managed to keep Swansea out on several occasions and caused damage when they utilised the driving maul

Swansea did go close when Owen Thomas charged down a kick before he has bundled into touch by Bagshaw in one of the few attacking chances created by the visitors in the half.

RGC’s lead was extended with another penalty from Dion Jones as his side began to pull away.

The task for Swansea was compounded when Liam Seaward was shown a yellow card after he had only recently come onto the field as a replacement.

With the numerical advantage, RGC went over for the bonus point try.

Again, the driving maul powered to the line and Brodie Coghlan grabbed the touchdown.

Dion Jones again hit the conversion to seal an important home win, which was RGC's third success of the campaign.